What in the hell would you search for anyway???

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Light and Heavy

-As an artist my ideas do not stem from my conscious mind, I'm not one to make statements, but rather my art comes from my subconscious mind. I make because... I don't yet know. One of my theories is that I want to fly, I always have and I always will. And so I combine the light and the heavy; I take heavy things, harshness and seriousness, and attempt to make them light, funny and joyful. I combine cartoons and humor with industry and machinery.

-Sandwich #1
8"x 5"x 5" - ^6 fired Stoneware, Glaze, Acrylic. 12/09




-Donut #1
2"x 4"x 9" - ^6 fired Stoneware, Glaze, Acrylic. 12/09






-Sandwich Machine #1
15"x 18"x 24" - ^6 fired Stoneware, Glaze, Acrylic, Plumber's Epoxy, Copper Wire. 12/09




No comments:

Post a Comment